Our consultants use the ISO 45001 audit checklist during the QMS certification process, to check that you are compliant with the Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Standard.
Full compliance is necessary before we can award your certificate. The audit checklist covers the seven main areas of the ISO 45001 Standard, and asks questions such as:
1) Context of the Organisation
- Have you set out the external and internal Health and Safety issues relevant to your organisation?
- Do you understand which parties have an impact on the system?
- Does the system address:
- Needs and expectations of all parties
- Strategic vision
- Products and services
- What role will your top management play in leading the organisation towards achieving your ISO 45001 Management System?
- Is there a framework in place for clearly communicating your objectives at all levels of the organisation?
- Do you have a framework for identifying the risks and opportunities that could affect your OH&S Management System?
- Have you integrated the steps required to implement the ISO 45001 Standard into your day-to-day practices?
- Have you considered how you will need to change the ISO 45001 Management System over time?
- Do you understand what resources you need to make implementation and maintenance of the system a success??
- Is there a plan for reviewing these resources on a regular basis?
- Is there a training plan in place for all individuals who may impact on the system?
- Have you clearly set out the processes you need to meet the requirements of the Standard ?
- Have you co-ordinated your operations with contractors so that you can manage any risks arising from their work?
- Is there a clearly defined process in place with external providers?
6) Performance Evaluation
- Do you understand what you need to monitor and measure?
- Do you know when you need to analyse and evaluate any results?
- Is there a structure in place for Management Reviews?
- Have you identified any areas for improvement that focus on you meeting your OH&S goals?
- Is there a process for measuring any non-conformities?
- Have you agreed how you will prioritise the continual improvement of the ISO 45001 Management System?
Download the full ISO 45001 : 2018 Checklist