ISO 9001 is the international standard for Quality Management Systems. It is part of the ISO 9000 family of quality management standards and is one of the most well known. It is also the only ISO 9000 standard with a formal certification process, but you don’t need the certificate to implement its policies.
Any organisation, of any size and in any sector, can use the ISO 9000 guidance and tools to improve quality continually. It can help you ensure your products and services consistently meet your customers’ requirements. Over one million companies and organisations in over 170 countries are already benefiting from ISO 9001 certification.
ISO 9001:2015 is the most recent version of the 9001 standard (as revised in 2015). The previous version, called ISO 9001:2008, will become obsolete in 2018. You can learn more about the ISO 9001 requirements here.
What are the benefits of certification?
Benefits for your organisation:
- Increased Efficiency – Implement processes and procedures which are based on a quality focus.
- Increased Revenue – win more contracts and tenders, whilst streamlining your processes and identifying opportunities for cost savings.
- Greater Employee Morale – by ensuring that all employees are working to one agenda you can reduce errors and increase productivity.
- International Recognition – recognized in approximately 188 countries, ISO 9001 can help you to access international trade.
- Factual approach to Decision Making – ensure the business decisions you make are beneficial long term by basing them on facts.
- Better Supplier Relationships – Business has credibility through the reputation of ISO 9001, providing suppliers with greater confidence in what you do.
- Documentation – As with any management system, ISO 9001 ensures you document your processes from start to finish. Helping you to handle customer complaints and improve process efficiency.
- Improved Customer Satisfaction – ensure you have a feedback system in place which will help you to understand your customers’ needs, identify areas for improvement and reduce wasted resources.
Benefits for your customers:
- Improved quality of service – this also comes with the benefit of increased on time delivery
- Reduced need for returns – because issues are identified and resolved quicker, often without the customer knowing
- Assurance of service – certification acts as proof that the organisation provide consistent, reliable and fit for purpose solutions
- Improved experience – improving the relationship between customers/stakeholders and the organisation will create a better customer experience and increase the chances of the customer returning again in future.
What are the benefits of ISO 9001:2015?
As well as promoting established quality management principles, the revised ISO 9001:2015 standard includes a stronger customer focus. It looks at the motivation of senior managers and the processes they follow to implement continual improvement policies. By using ISO 9001:2015, your business can benefit from consistently providing customers with high quality products and services.
The process of continual improvement ensures your business becomes more efficient, reduces errors and maintains a high standard of service delivery. As well as saving you money, this will help you comply with many regulatory requirements. It is also good for your brand because your customers will always receive the products or services they desire. At the same time, improved operational efficiency can increase employee job satisfaction.
What does ISO 9001:2015 do?
The ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System specifies what your organisation needs to do:
- To provide products and services that consistently meet customers’ needs
- To enhance customer satisfaction through a processes of continual improvement
- To ensure it conforms with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
If you are interested in the ISO 9001 Certification and you would like to find out what the ISO 9001 Certification could cost your organisation, why not try our online fee calculator or alternatively you can contact QMS using the contact form.