If you want to build greater trust both within and outside of your organisation, implementing a strong framework of health & safety processes can help to grow your business’ reputation as a responsible employer.
This can not only attract new business, but by looking after your workforce you can also reduce the likelihood of expensive absenteeism due to illness and injury.
In the year 2019/20, the HSE revealed that 38.8 million days of work were lost due to workplace injury or illness. This cost the UK economy an estimated £16.2 billion.
To minimise the cost to your business, you can create a strong system of health & safety processes. One renowned way of doing this is by implementing ISO 45001, the International Standard for health & safety management.
The benefits of this ISO include:
- Establishing controls for legal compliance which also consider risks and opportunities
- Increased health & safety awareness
- An active role of employees in health & safety
- Enhanced reputation among new and current customers
- Reduced absenteeism due to workplace illness and injury
- Reduced insurance premiums
- Minimised or removed health & safety risks
- Reduced risk of expensive fines or penalties