Instructions for Use
Following the certification of your ISO management system, you are permitted to use the certificate and certification logos (hereinafter referred to as ‘the certification marks’) provided by QMS in accordance with the following instructions:
- The certification marks must not be used on a product or product packaging seen by the consumer, or in any other way which might be interpreted as denoting product, process or service conformity.
- The use of any statement on product packaging or in accompanying information that the organisation has a certified management system, shall in no way imply that the product, process or service is certified by this means and shall include reference to:
a) identification of the organisation
b) the type of management system and the applicable standard
c) the certifying body (QMS)
NB: Product packaging is considered as that which can be removed without damage or disintegration being caused to the product. Accompanying information is considered as separately available or easily detachable.
- The certification marks must not be applied to laboratory test, calibration or inspection reports.
- You must conform to QMS’s requirements and brand guidelines when making reference to your certification status or when using the certification marks within any kind of communication media, including the internet, brochures or advertising, or other documents.
- You must not make or permit any kind of misleading statement regarding your certification, nor permit the use of a certification document, or part thereof, in a
misleading manner including, for the avoidance of doubt, any statement which misrepresents the scope or scale of your certification.
- The organisation must not imply that certification applies to any sites or activities beyond those which QMS has specifically agreed to be included.
- If your certification is withdrawn, suspended or reduced, you must immediately discontinue the use of all advertising matter that refers to the certification, as directed by QMS.
- If the scope of your certification is reduced, any advertising material affected by this should be amended accordingly.
- You must not allow your certification to be referred to in any way which implies that you are certifying a product, service or process.
- You must ensure that your certification is not referred to in a way which implies that it incorporates activities outside the scope of your certification.
- You must not use your certification in a manner which would bring QMS or its certification system into disrepute and/or lose public trust.
- The certification marks should only be used in the colours and sizes provided by QMS.
- QMS will take action, including legal action, to deal with any contravention of the above instructions.
Where you can use the certification marks
- Marketing material, including brochures, advertisements, case studies, annual reports and Powerpoint presentations.
- Websites, e-mails and social media sites.
- Corporate stationery, invoices and quotations for work.
- Internal or external buildings.
- Flags and banners.
Where you cannot use the certification marks
- Goods or products (including services)
- Packaging and labels
- Test or calibration certificates
- Training certificates
- Use of other certification marks
- Whilst an assortment of certification marks can be found on the internet, these must not be used in connection with your QMS certifications
- The International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO)
- Only ISO itself, ISO members and ISO technical committees are allowed to use ISO logos. You must not use these for any of your own purposes, nor in any way imply that your organisation is ISO-endorsed.